Footylight works with numerous friendly partners, multiple data feed providers (legal contracts) and uses a proprietary data searching (utilizing public APIs) and optimization mechanism to aggregate global football data in one place. Data includes (not limited to) Football Livescores, Statistics, Commentaries, Audio-Video Contents, News, Podcasts, Fixtures, Results etc. Content catalogs are developed/ categorized/ optimized under Footylight network/servers (uses server end cache) without modifying any raw contents from the hosts. Finally this delightful content is served to the eager waiting football community through a completely free platform (no subscription or paid activity required to access the contents). Hence the level of relevance on each content provides Footylight users a truly exciting user experience for free.
Footylight follows strict policy to stay complaint with "The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)" by following the requirements specified in Title II (Ref 1) or/and Sec 512 (Ref 2) of the Copyright Act, headlined as" Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act", as an online Service Provider.
Footylight claims itself as an online "Service Provider" that performs as a Football Content Search Engine and Aggregator. Footylight strictly performs as an entity/service that provides transmission/routing/connections for digital online football contents towards the users without modification of the content of the material as sent or received (Service provider definition per section 512(k)(1)(A) -Ref 1,2) .
Footylight claims compliance with the following four categories for "Limitations on liability relating to material online" (Ref 1,2)
• Transitory Communications (Sec 512(A))
Footylight merely acts as a data conduit, transmitting digital information from one point on a network to another at someone else’s request. All transmission occurs though an automated technical process with no modification to its content from the original web source.
• System Caching (Sec 512(B))
In cases Footylight retains the materials for a small period of time so that subsequent requests for the same material can be fulfilled by transmitting the retained copy, rather than retrieving the material from the original source on the network.
• Storage of information on systems or networks at direction of users (Sec 512(C))
Footylight itself doesn’t host (as of today) any of the contents/materials. Footylight deploys an automated program to develop/categorize/optimize content catalogs using various feeds collected from third party providers/partners (Feed/Content owners).
• Information location tools (Sec 512(D))
Footylight connects users to the available online contents using hyperlinks (Ref 3)/search engines and the like (information tools). Content catalogs are developed/categorized/optimized using various feeds collected from third party providers/partners (Feed/Content owners). Upon receiving proper notification of any claimed infringement on any audio/visual content, Footylight will expeditiously release the content host location to the claiming party and/or take down and/or block access to the material.
Footylight, as a mere content aggregator/search engine, acts as a data conduit, transmitting digital information from one point on a network to another and is not responsible for the actual content that’s hosted on external sites (For details please check previous DMCA Compliance section). However, per DMCA guideline Footylight does hold an established procedure for proper notification on copyright Infringement claims for Footylight hosted contents*. Under the notice and takedown procedure, a copyright owner can submit a notification under penalty of perjury, including a list (links) of specified elements. Upon receiving a proper notification, Footylight will promptly remove or block access to the material identified in the notification*.
Please ensure before sending a content removal request that the media in question is actually hosted by Footylight* and is not hosted by a third party public domain. Footylight explicitly shows the location of the content hosting domains below each video material. Each host descriptor contains a link to the original domain location where the video is indexed from. For videos not hosted by Footylight, the most effective way to submit copyright claims is to seek removal from the parent hosting site directly. This in turn, will remove the content from Footylight and any other search engine/information tool that may have indexed/hyperlinked the content.
*Currently Footylight do not host any of its content.
Important - Before submitting a claim please read and understand "How Footylight Works" and "Footylight DMCA Compliance".
Footylight follows the policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe that your work has been used on Footylight in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the information detailed below by filling in the form at the bottom and email back at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Physical or Electronic signature of the person authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of the copyright infringing materials.
- A description of the copyrighted work (with link) that you claim has been infringed, or if there are multiple works, a representative list (links) of the works. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a file infringes your copyrights.
- A detailed description to prove the ownership of the material that you claim is infringing and information sufficient to establish where it is located on the Footylight interface (website/ application). Information should include the complete URL associated with each file, image or video. To delete/block files from Footylight indexing catalog, we require an accurate means by which to identify potentially infringing files.
- Your detailed Information
* Telephone Number:
* Email Address:
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law and, A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.